Join Sustainable Communities SA's Anne Wilson and Pauline Muir for a hands-on propagation workshop.
This comprehensive workshop will explore seed raising and propagation from cuttings. A short theory session will be followed by a practical, hands-on workshop. Participants will learn about:
- Making plant pots for seedlings from newspaper
- How to use toilet rolls for seedlings
- Make your own special seed-raising mix
- Planting seeds in 8-cell punnets
- Care and conditions for optimal results
All materials are supplied.
PROPAGATION FROM CUTTINGS
- Softwood and tip cuttings
- Make your own cutting medium
- Using ‘root enhancers’
- Selecting, cutting and planting
- After-care for optimal results
Most materials supplied. We’ll provide seeds for late spring/early summer transplant, the rooting compound and the growing medium, plant material and cutting knives.
Participants should bring gloves, 3 x small 10cm diameter pots, plastic bags for covering these, and a basket or carry-bag to take them home.
Participants are invited to bring along their own cuttings of plant material they would like to propagate.
This workshop is limited to 12 participants to allow for plenty of one-on-one work with the instructors.
The Adelaide Sustainability Centre is proudly supported by the Adelaide and Mt Lofty Ranges Natural Resource Management Board and Conservation SA.