Presented by Adelaide Sustainability Centre in partnership with FauNature
Build your own wildlife nesting box for birds, bats or possums
Join James Smith of fauNature to discover how we can support our native wildlife. This workshop is ideal for families, small groups or individuals. Learn about:
- the importance of natural hollows
- hollow-dependant wildlife
- issues faced by hollow-dependant fauna/wildlfe
- the best positions for nesting boxes
- maintaining nest boxes
Participants will build a nest box of their choice to take home with them.
Tickets and pricing:
Ticket prices vary depending on the type of box you choose to build.
Buy a ticket for the type of box you wish to build, this also includes admission for one person.
Then book a free ticket for any additional people who will join you on the day (for example if two members of the same family are coming or a friend is joining you, book one box and one free ticket).
- Bat Box Kit - $38.75 + bf
- Small Parrot Kit - $38.75 + bf
- Medium Parrot Kit - $43.25 + bf
- Brushtail Possum Kit - $45.00 + bf
- Free ticket - Includes a ticket to attend presentation with a friend or family member who has purchased a nesting box to build. This ticket does not include an individual nesting box to take home.
About the presenter:
James Smith runs fauNature, a company dedicated to assisting people in attracting and engaging with local wildlife. You'll also find James at the SA Museum’s Discovery Centre where he identifies specimens for the public, educating them on their finds and inspiring others to learn more about our local species.
James is author of Wildlife of Greater Adelaide, a comprehensive wildlife book about Adelaide. Covering the Mount Lofty – Kangaroo Island region, one of the designated 15 diversity rich areas across Australia. The book is over 450 pages with 11 chapters on identification including a list of 468 species and over 470 photographs collected over a two year period. There are chapters on worms, molluscs, crustaceans, arachnids, myriapods, insects, fishes, frogs, reptiles, birds and mammals.
The Adelaide Sustainability Centre is supported by the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board and Conservation Council of South Australia.
111 Franklin St
Adelaide, SA 5000
Google map and directions