Sustainable Wellbeing: Establishing A Home Yoga & Mindfulness Practice
Yoga and Mindfulness teach us about the nature of being human and being well. This workshop provides practical guidelines to harmonize ourselves with our ever-changing inner and outer environments.
Over 4 weeks we will lay the foundation of a daily movement and mindfulness practice, which can then be flexibly fit into your life, allowing you to become Svastha ‘established in oneself’. Taking care of our mind and body not only changes one’s own life, but also radiates out into healthy families, communities, and environments.
“Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.” Unknown
Thursdays @ 7-8:15am – 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th of August
You will learn about
- Simple, enjoyable Kalari-Yoga movement practices to energise the body.
- Cultivating mental clarity, focus, and improving concentration.
- Increasing self-awareness. Relating to others and one’s self with kindness, acceptance and compassion.
- Restoring balance when feeling overwhelmed or disconnected.
Included in the cost
- 4 x 1.15 hr theory & practical sessions with weekly home practice guidelines.
- Take home notes.
- Anyone with a mind and body!
- Suitable for both beginners and experienced.
- No required level of fitness or previous experience in meditation is expected. Come as you are.
- A yoga mat, water, blanket, any props you require and warm clothes for meditations.
For any questions or queries please contact
Alana Gregory is director of Soul Strong Society (http://soulstrongsociety.com) - a community arts and wellbeing initiative based in South Australia. She has studied Yoga and meditation for over 20 years including several extended stays in India to research and practice Kalarippayat (http://kalariaustralia.com.au ) – a traditional form of martial Hatha Yoga from Kerala state.
Alana designs and facilitates a number of wellbeing programs in S.A and interstate for organisations and governments. She is a member of the Mindfulness Teachers Network of South Australia (MTNSA) and is committed to maintaining the integrity of Yoga and mindfulness-based programs in SA.
- Yoga Australia: Registered Level 2 Kalarippayat-Yoga Instructor
- Mindfulness Teachers Network of South Australia: Registered Level 1 MBSR, Mindful Schools Training
- International Institute for Complimentary Therapies: Kalari Therapeutic Treatments
The Adelaide Sustainability Centre is supported by the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resource Management Board and Conservation SA.
111 Franklin St
Adelaide, SA 5000
Google map and directions