Co-Housing offers an opportunity to live in a high-functioning pocket neighbourhood where people know each other, care about each other, and support each other.
Co-Housing makes people's lives more connected, more economical, more convenient, more ecologically sustainable, more healthy, and more fun.
Key features of a Co-Housing Community include:
- Participatory Process: the future residents participate in the planning and design of the the building, and the establishment of their governance policies and proceedures.
- Intentional Neighbourhood Design: the physical design purposefully encourages sociability that welcomes all age groups, is disability friendly, and embraces cultural diversity.
- Extensive Common Facilities: common areas are designed for daily use and supplement private living areas.
- Complete Resident Management: the residents manage the decisions of common concern at regular community meetings.
- Optimum Community Size: 15 - 35 dwellings, accommodating a full variety of age groups and household configurations, particularly families with children.
- Purposeful Separation of Cars: carparking is located away from the private residences.
- Evening Meals: regular community meals are the life blood of a higly social cohousing community.
- Co-Development Process: the Steering Commitee establish a strong working relationship with the design team, financiers, and the construction team.
You are invited to come along to find out more about Co-Housing, how it might fit with your lifestyle, where our project is up to, and how you can become involved in this exciting project.
Please book via Eventbrite
111 Franklin St
Adelaide, SA 5000
Google map and directions