The Foodprint Experience invites you to our very own "Tomato Sauce Day" where you get to share in a traditional sauce making experience just like thousands of Italian families do every year.
Tomato Sauce Day is a long loved tradition where Italian families from all over the world come together to make, bottle and preserve tomato passata. But, the call of tomato sauce day stands for so much more than the jars of sauce stacked up at the end of the day. It also stands for family, the coming together of generations, and for making something together, that can be shared by all.
So.......prepare to get messy, laugh and share in some of the freshest and tastiest SA Produce around!
Your experience includes:
- A welcome coffee/tea and biscuit
- Learn how to make traditional Italian tomato passata
- Assist in preparing an unforgettable feast
- A shared table experience including pasta napolitana, fresh salads, sourdough, dessert
- Sample local SA Bio-dynamic wines during your experience
- Take home a bottle of your own traditional passata sauce
- Information sheets and recipes cards
Your Itinerary (subject to change)
- Introductions over coffee/tea
Making Tomato Sauce
- Preparing Tomatoes & Mincing
- Bottling & Sealing
- Cooking Fresh Tomato Sauce
- - Includes a group cookup
Shared Table Experience
- Pasta Napolitana
- Fresh salads
- Glass of Gemstone Bio-dynamic Wine
What to wear & bring?
Wear comfortable closed toe shoes and clothing, hair shoulder length or longer must be tied back; excessive jewellery to be avoided.
Bring a drink water bottle, pen and note book.
111 Franklin St
Adelaide, SA 5000
Google map and directions