Join us for 3-hours of experimentation, nature and colour. Learn how to endlessly re-create your wardrobe mindfully, sustainably and ecologically through the art and science of natural dyes.
You will learn about
- Gathering, collecting and connecting with textile and dye materials, both botanical and mineral
- Basic dyeing processes including mordanting fabric, hot dyeing and solar dyeing
- How to create different dyeing effects
Included in the cost
- A sampling of recycled natural textiles to play with
- Seasonal, natural materials (berries, flowers & plants) to dye with and equipment needed
- Take home notes
- Anyone who loves nature, making and creating!
- As a beginners workshop no previous experience is required.
- Light coloured recycled natural fabric garments or materials
- Your own local berries, foodscraps or flowers to experiment with
- String, strong cotton, old fabric or rubber bands
- Large empty jars to take home solar dye experiments
- Notebook, pen, camera or phone to record what you learn
- A plastic bag or bucket to take home newly created wet textiles!
Please wear closed-in shoes and old clothes you can get messy in.
About the facilitator:
Alana Gregory is an artist, life coach and wellbeing educator who believes in living the Way of Nature.
She is the founder of Soul Strong Society, an initiative created to facilitate wellbeing through the practices of mindfulness, movement and creativity.
Alana combines a background in environmental science and community health with 20 years practice and study in wellbeing sciences from around the world. These experiences have taught her that arts are a way to transmit, transcend, and transform our experiences as living beings – all the joy, the sorrow, the difficulty and the beauty.
As a teacher, Alana specializes in connecting people to their innate wisdom, to each other and to the natural world.
The Adelaide Sustainability Centre is supported by the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board and Conservation SA.
111 Franklin St
Adelaide, - None - 5000
Google map and directions